Clarence Valley NSW
The following position vacant has been advertised internally and only Clarence Valley Council staff are eligible to apply.
Clarence Valley Council performs a range of functions and is one of the valley's largest employers. We have a reputation in the community for providing quality service and this is a credit to the teamwork, dedication and skill of our employees. We value our employees and provide a progressive, rewarding and flexible working environment. Benefits include:
- a 9 day fortnight
- the opportunity to accrue time in lieu
- support for study at TAFE and University level
- the opportunity to 'purchase' leave
- access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
- Special Leave for RFS and SES volunteers
- Defence Leave for members of the ADF Reserves
To view the position description download here.
This is a permanent full time position within Council’s Civil Services Section. The salary range for the position is $51,516 - $61,434, plus superannuation.
The position will be based initially in Rushforth Road Works Depot, South Grafton but this may change should business needs identify other work locations to be more appropriate to deliver our services in the future.
In the position of Inspector you will be required to inspect Council’s roads, bridges and ancillary assets, assess and record asset condition and recommend actions for correction of any defects determined, undertake investigations for Council works and matters of public complaint and request, install traffic counters on Council roads and record and analyse results and assist in the scoping, recording and marking out of planned maintenance and capital work programmes.
For further information please contact Stephen Hartshorne, Maintenance Engineer on 6641 7352.
Closing date: Monday, 15 October at 4:00 PM (NSW time).
How to apply:
- Once you start your online application you cannot save and return later.
- We recommend that you prepare your responses in a Word document first, and then copy and paste into the fields within the online application form.
- Attachments such as certificates and licences must be combined into one document before you attach them to your application.
- You must use your own email address (don’t use another employee’s or persons email address).
- For further information about the selection process including tips on how to address the selection criteria please refer to the Careers page on the Clarence Valley Council website.
For this application you will be required to supply relevant certificates and licences
Council is an EEO employer and indigenous people are encouraged to apply.